We’re pleased to be working with The Management Centre to offer two bursaries for fundraisers in Wales to attend the National Arts Fundraising School in November. This renowned six-day intensive residential course goes deep into the strategy and tactics required to raise funds from trusts and foundations, business and individuals.
Supporting a sustainable arts sector is a key priority for the Arts Council of Wales.
The fundraising market is a difficult place today. Many businesses are shifting to a corporate responsibility agenda rather than the traditional philanthropic sponsorship of the arts, and we have limited high value businesses based in Wales. This shift of focus requires a different – more entrepreneurial – way of brokering between the two sectors. Similarly, a more nuanced approach is needed to individual giving, appealing to hearts and minds amongst increasingly numerous and sophisticated good causes. When it comes to trusts and foundations, it’s never been so competitive. Funders need more than a good application; approaches need to be targeted, making the right ask of the right organisation in the right way at the right time.
In all, arts fundraisers face challenges on all fronts and we want to do what we can to support them to make the best of all opportunities.
These bursaries allow two places to be available for just £220 (usually £2,149 plus VAT)
The course takes place 10-15 November 2019 in Sussex. Please only apply if you are able to attend these dates.
As well as the £220 contribution, applicants will be expected to cover their own travel and associated costs (although accommodation and meals are included).
Successful applicants will also be expected to commit to a sharing session with other arts organisations to share their experiences, as well as provide regular updates and feedback to Arts Council of Wales on both the course, and the longer-term impact it’s had.
All applications must be made by the individual attending. It’s open to employed fundraisers and freelancers.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Wales and actively involved in professional arts fundraising in Wales
- Have not previously attended a NAFs course
- Be available on the course dates
- Agree to meet all additional costs
- If employed directly by organisation, they must demonstrate the support of their employer.
Selection is by individual application against the following criteria.
- The contribution the bursary and attendance will make to your professional development
- The difference the course will make to you and the organisation/s and/or projects/s you’re involved in
- A demonstration of the commitment to fundraising for the arts in Wales including how you will share learning gained through attendance with the sector.
To apply fill out the application form below.
Deadline: Thursday 29 August 2019, 5pm
We’ll inform applicants if they have been successful on or before Thursday 12 September 2019.
Unfortunately we are unable to give individual feedback on applications.